The 'Friends of Marcia Powell' are autonomous groups and individuals engaging in prisoner outreach, informal advocacy, and organized protest and direct actions in a sustained campaign to: promote prisoner rights and welfare in America; engage the Arizona public in a creative and thoughtful critique of our system of "justice;” deconstruct the prison industrial complex; and dismantle this racist, classist patriarchy...

Retiring "Free Marcia Powell"

As of December 2, 2010 (with occasional exceptions) I'm retiring this blog to direct more of my time and energy into prisoner rights and my other blogs; I just can't do anyone justice when spread so thin. I'll keep the site open so folks can search the archives and use the links, but won't be updating it with new posts. If you're looking for the latest, try Arizona Prison Watch. Most of the pieces posted here were cross-posted to one or both of those sites already.

Thanks for visiting. Peace out - Peg.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Russell Pearce Still Threatening Another Term.

Straight from the horse's mouth (apparently we're still on his email list of "supporters"). The typos are all his, by the way. 

I'm not sure which Constitution he's referring to defending, since he's responsible for some of the most aggregious, fascist legislation I've ever seen. It must be the same Constitution that codified slavery he loves so much...he seems to have missed that there have been a few amendments and legal rulings to give the rest of us rights, since it was originally written for white propertied men like him. The "Founders original intent," remember, was to keep most of the rest of us subservient as sub-citizens. He definitely champions that!


---------------------------------------from senatorpearce@russellpearce.com-----------------------------------

Friends,

I have been vigilant in the defense of freedom and our Constitutional principles at the legislature as well as my entire life.  I have worked as a Maricopa County Deputy for 23 years and I am the former Chief Deputy. I have been shot at and missed and shot at and hit, as I was critically shot by gang members while in the line of duty while serving our community.  I created "tent" city for inmates and saved millions in the cost for the taxpayer.  I have worked as the Director of the Motor Vehicle Department and reduced Government waist and long wait times at MVD, and cut administrative cost by $10 million. I served as your Judge in the North Mesa Justice Court, as pro-tem Judge in Maricopa County's court system and I have ruled on cases being mindful to make sure each ruling was based on the Founders original intent from Arizona Constitution, the law and the US Constitution.

I have worked to protect private property rights, protect the unborn, 2nd Amendment freedoms, quality education including school choice, safer neighborhoods, parental rights, tort reform, taxpayers bill of rights, and including sponsoring some of the most comprehensive immigration enforcement bills in the nation and 2nd Amendment issues such as the Freedom to Carry legislation, as well as the elimination of all Affirmative Action policies in government hiring and contracts.   www.russellpearce.com

For 10 years now, I have served the people at the state legislature. 8 years with the State House of Representatives and for the last 2 years as a Senator. I am the current Chairman of the Senator Appropriations Committee and served 6 years as the Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee. As your Appropriations Chairman my motto is; “I am the gate keeper, not the gift giver of the people’s money”.

It is now election time and I am running for re-election for my 2nd term as State Senator and I really need and would be very grateful to have your help!

I need volunteers to help me collect signatures to put my name on the ballot for this next primary election, August 24th. I must turn in all the collected signatures by May 26th. That is only 15 days from now. I really need your help in getting those signatures.  If you can and are willing to help me, please respond.

I have petitions forms ready to go. Please reply to this e-mail letting me know that you are ready and willing to help.  The opportune time would be May 18th to work just a couple of hours at one of the polling places in LD18.  If that does not work any week night or Saturday for a couple of hours walking the neighborhood would be great.  Thank you so much.

For Arizona,
Russell

No comments: