The 'Friends of Marcia Powell' are autonomous groups and individuals engaging in prisoner outreach, informal advocacy, and organized protest and direct actions in a sustained campaign to: promote prisoner rights and welfare in America; engage the Arizona public in a creative and thoughtful critique of our system of "justice;” deconstruct the prison industrial complex; and dismantle this racist, classist patriarchy...

Retiring "Free Marcia Powell"

As of December 2, 2010 (with occasional exceptions) I'm retiring this blog to direct more of my time and energy into prisoner rights and my other blogs; I just can't do anyone justice when spread so thin. I'll keep the site open so folks can search the archives and use the links, but won't be updating it with new posts. If you're looking for the latest, try Arizona Prison Watch. Most of the pieces posted here were cross-posted to one or both of those sites already.

Thanks for visiting. Peace out - Peg.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

From Conspire to Perryville, with love.

I also did a few actions earlier in the evening, chalking up the sidewalks outside of the Goddard Brewer debate, bringing my signs by the Capitol and ADC for some postcard photos, and stopping by Conspire to get some friends to help me show some solidarity with the women at Perryville / Santa Cruz who are on lock-down and have been resisting the conditions there...




Note that this cop doesn't hassle me -

he just looks curious. (Central)










(First St./KAET)







I knew the ADC central Office would want to show the women their support, so I included them in my evening shoot. The light was awesome.












While I was there, I also pulled my Hep C

sign out - looks pretty sharp, eh?
Great postcard that'll make.




















Didn't want to leave the Governor's office out, either.






And finally, the women of Conspire,
in solidarity with our sisters in Perryville Prison.
Resist!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting in respect of Marcia Powell. Some of us would like to push for reform, stop these atrocities. Bruce, Wisconsin