The 'Friends of Marcia Powell' are autonomous groups and individuals engaging in prisoner outreach, informal advocacy, and organized protest and direct actions in a sustained campaign to: promote prisoner rights and welfare in America; engage the Arizona public in a creative and thoughtful critique of our system of "justice;” deconstruct the prison industrial complex; and dismantle this racist, classist patriarchy...

Retiring "Free Marcia Powell"

As of December 2, 2010 (with occasional exceptions) I'm retiring this blog to direct more of my time and energy into prisoner rights and my other blogs; I just can't do anyone justice when spread so thin. I'll keep the site open so folks can search the archives and use the links, but won't be updating it with new posts. If you're looking for the latest, try Arizona Prison Watch. Most of the pieces posted here were cross-posted to one or both of those sites already.

Thanks for visiting. Peace out - Peg.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Protest Sheriff Joe. Patronize Free Radicals

Revising this from Wednesday and bounching it back up to the top of the pge - this is what we'll be up to this weekend. - Peg
----------

Hey All,


Sorry I didn't post this sooner - my schedule kept getting improvised. I can commit to being around all day this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (10am - 10pm), save running out for a few errands (so call first if you're travelling ). The kids from the neighborhood are helping (they even have a cash register!), so I'm giving them cups to peddle iced tea to you for small change. Otherwise, I'm home most of the time, and don't mind unexpected friends dropping in. If you've been trying to contact me by email - call me instead . I'm about a week behind and working backwards through all my accounts, trying to first find my personal mail.


So, until further notice,


Free Radicals and Radical Reads and other cool stuff can be found at:


1809 East Willetta St.
Phoenix, 85006
My number is 480-580-6807


Here's what you'll see coming up my driveway if I'm home but working tirelessly at my computer:




Think that's like putting a big target on my door?
I'm sure it's already there.
Might as well make it visible so the people that I want to drop in and visit
once in awhile know where I live -
I'm not going to stop the others from tracking me down when they want me.
Besides, we have a killer dog and cat security team here.

If the gate is open, I'm probably in back.
If you're lucky, I'll be dancing around the yard hanging my laundry up
in rhythm with Marley or Nina Simone.
That will mean I'm working on having a good day.



We're tryign to get a bunch of the Puente January 16 March fliers printed up (maybe with the zines), and asking folks to hand them out in all the places they travel over the next week - they want to saturate the community with them in the days before the action. So, if nothing else, you can come by and do a good thing by saying hello and grabbing some of those fliers.

Here are my hours:


TODAY (1/6): Out all AM; Back after 2pm.
THURS (1/7) in and out; better call.
FRI, SAT, SUN 10am-10pm (call if travelling is a hassle - I'll commit to being here or come get you)

No comments: