The 'Friends of Marcia Powell' are autonomous groups and individuals engaging in prisoner outreach, informal advocacy, and organized protest and direct actions in a sustained campaign to: promote prisoner rights and welfare in America; engage the Arizona public in a creative and thoughtful critique of our system of "justice;” deconstruct the prison industrial complex; and dismantle this racist, classist patriarchy...

Retiring "Free Marcia Powell"

As of December 2, 2010 (with occasional exceptions) I'm retiring this blog to direct more of my time and energy into prisoner rights and my other blogs; I just can't do anyone justice when spread so thin. I'll keep the site open so folks can search the archives and use the links, but won't be updating it with new posts. If you're looking for the latest, try Arizona Prison Watch. Most of the pieces posted here were cross-posted to one or both of those sites already.

Thanks for visiting. Peace out - Peg.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

FREE Radicals in Phoenix! Book Sale!

Hey All,

If you're in the Phoenix area this weekend - really, probably for the next week or 10 days - drop by my place and help out with our "FREE RADICAL" fundraiser. It's to keep my friend and comrade - my partner in crime, as it were - out of jail. I'm selling off all my best stuff - abolitionist books, lefty t-shirts, labor movies, good tunes, etc. I figured if I advertised heavily to the Phoenix radical community, I could keep it in the family AND people might donate my books back to me when they're done reading them. They really are my best and I hate to let them go, but we need $2,000. Fast. This is where all my money is invested, and I guess it's just as well to spread it all around.

Don't expect an anarchist reading room by any means, but I have some pretty good stuff and might even take something special off the shelf in back for you. Pasted below is the flyer I made up for this event - my Radical Reads Book Sale - for all the world to see where I am now. I'm sure the bad guys already know where I live anyway, so the rest of you might as well, too.

Park where you can along the street and come on up the driveway - we'll be in the back. Just follow the directions in chalk, and you should be able to find us. Linda's made some awesome breads and snacks so drop by even if you have no cash for the cause, share a bite, and leave us some encouragement. 


In Solidarity,


- Peg




----------------------


SAVE A FREE RADICAL IN PHOENIX!!! 
Proceeds to support Linda D.’s continued liberation and efforts to improve conditions
for prisoners of the state of Arizona.
Don’t let them turn her over to Sheriff Joe.





EMERGENCY SALE !!!

Abolitionist Literature, Liberation Movement Tunes, Great Tees



Peg’s
Radical Reads




DVDs & CDs too.

“Best prison abolitionist library in town.”
1809 East Willetta St. Phoenix, 85006
(S. of McDowell, off 18th St.)

Prison Abolitionist Books!           Real American History!
“Tenacious” zines (Women’s Resistance in Prison).
Cool Lefty T-Shirts.        Liberation Movement Music!
Chomsky, Zinn, Spike Lee DVDs.
Angela Davis CD (Prison Industrial Complex).
Books on: US History (a la Zinn and WEB DuBois), Slavery, Lynching, Convict-leasing, Capital Punishment, Progressive Social Movements, Labor, Global Justice Movements, Black Radical Thought, Wealth and Inequality, Environmental Justice, Disability Rights, American Crime and Punishment,
The Prison Industrial Complex.

Open House: Saturday, Sunday & Monday
January 2-4, 2010. 10am-8pm.


Donations of $5-15/item requested.
Trades or partial IOU’s are cool.
Light munchies will be available.

Peggy: 480-580-6807

No comments: